The Prince George’s County Police Department wants to help our community prepare for possible severe weather that is moving into our area. The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for Prince George’s County until later this evening.
We are asking the public to report the locations of intersections that experience non-working traffic lights, downed wires or any other traffic-related hazards. To report these locations, please call 311 or visit http://countyclick.princegeorgescountymd.gov.
We encourage you to join the conversation and information exchange by using hashtags #PGPD and #weather on Twitter. Your information and pictures can also be tweeted to @PGPDNews.
The Prince George’s County Police Department offers the following tips to help ensure your safety:
- Keep up to date with local conditions – follow TV and radio reports for your area.
- Visit www.weather.gov, (http://mobile.weather.gov on your phone) for the latest forecast.
- Keep in mind, this storm may bring heavy rains, and possible flooding events. Avoid walking or driving through any flooded areas.
- It takes only six inches of fast-moving flood water to knock over an adult and two feet to move a vehicle.
- Treat all intersections without power as a four-way stop.